Tata Institute of Social Science, Mumbai
V.N. Purav Marg, Deonar, Mumbai-400088, Tel 022-25525000, Fax 022-25525050
Tata Institute of Social Science, Mumbai M.Phil Ph.D Admission 2012
This is an announcement for admission to the Integrated M.Phil & Ph.D. programme and direct Ph.D. Programme (academic year 2012-2013) with the various Schools and Independent Centres at the TISS. UGC JRF qualified candidates, post graduates, students in the final year post graduation in Social Sciences and allied fields and individuals with M.Phil and / or industrial, academic and field base experience in Social Sciences, Social work and allied fields are invited to apply.
Admission to the Integrated M.Phil – Ph. D. programme & Direct Ph. D. programme in the following Research Areas:
|Sr. No.||Research Areas||No. of seats|
|Integrated M. Phil & Ph. D||Direct Ph. D|
|2||Health Systems Studies||10||5|
|3||Management and Labour Studies||5||5|
|10||Media and Cultural Studies||-||5|
- Application Form and Prospectus can also be downloaded from the link below and send by post to TISS, along with a Bank challan of Rs. 800/- (deposited in any branch of the State Bank of India).
- Request for Application Form and Prospectus by POST or in person may be addressed to Section Officer (DSO & Meetings) along with a ank challan of Rs. 800/- (deposited in any branch of the State Bank of India).
- Filled in application forms with all requisite enclosures should reach the TISS on April 8, 2012.
- The Application fee is not refundable.
- All eligible candidates who apply for Integrated M.Phil & Ph.D. programme and direct Ph.D. Programme will be invited for the Written Test (Research Aptitude Test (RAT)) and Personal Interview to be held at the TISS Mumbai Campus on or between 1st to 4th May, 2012.
- Candidates who have cleared JRF in the past two years are also expected to attend the Written Test and Personal Interview.*
- Candidates who have GATE and any other relevant scores are also expected to take the RAT.
- The model paper and rules for the Research Aptitude Test (RAT) will be put up on the TISS website by early April 2012.
- Apart from the fulfillment of academic criteria the short listing of applicants for the Written Test and Personal Interviews for Integrated M. Phil – Ph. D. programme and direct Ph. D. programme is linked to the statement of purpose/ research proposal and the domain expertise available at the Schools / Centre.
- The shortlist for all the programmes will be displayed on the TISS website by middle of April and email communications will be sent to the candidates.
- Candidates with visual impairment will have to indicate the impairment in the application form. They will be provided with a writer for the written test.
- Selection will be completed by end of May and the information will be uploaded on the TISS website.
- Selected candidates are expected to pay fees by end of June 2012.
- All the programmes will begin from the middle of June 2012.
|Last date of submission of Application Form||April 8, 2012|
|Shortlisted candidates list on the TISS website||April 20, 2012|
|Written Test and Personal Interview on and between||May 1- 4 , 2012|
Hard copy application with all enclosures to reach Section Officer (DSO & Meetings), Tata Institute of Social Sciences, V.N. Purav Marg, Deonar, Mumbai – 400 088 by April 8, 2012.
For more about M.Phil Ph.D admission in Tata Institute of Social Science (TISS) Please visit TISS official site: – http://www.tiss.edu